The 2022 Annual Meeting of the Association will be held on Saturday, June 4th at 3:00pm. HCHSAA’s switch from in-person to virtual annual meetings during the pandemic resulted in a one hundredfold increase in average attendance. To continue to encourage such robust participation, especially for members for whom travel to New York City is difficult, the Board decided to offer another virtual meeting this year along with optional in person participation. Instructions for how to virtually attend the Annual Meeting will be sent to all members who register to vote.
Annual Meeting Agenda
At the Annual Meeting, the Association’s President and Treasurer will report on HCHSAA’s work and finances and the members will be asked to vote on two matters –
(i) the election of directors and (ii) the amendment of Article I, Section 1.01 of the HCHSAA By-Laws. Voting will occur by electronic ballot (with an option to submit a paper ballot). As part of the ballot, members will be given the option (but will not be obligated) to grant their proxy to certain HCHSAA officers or to a write-in proxy holder. In addition to voting for the slate of candidates for open director seats approved by the Board, members will also be given the option to select their own write-in candidates on the ballot.
Virtually Attending the Annual Meeting
If you would like to attend the Annual Meeting virtually, through Zoom, click here.
Voting at the Annual Meeting
REGISTRATION CLOSED ON 5/13/22 AT 5PM.
To receive a ballot and vote at the Annual Meeting, you must meet the membership requirements in HCHSAA’s By-Laws and register to vote pursuant to the Membership Confirmation Policy before 5pm ET on Friday, May 13, 2022 (the Record Date established by the Board for the Annual Meeting). To confirm your membership with HCHSAA, register to vote at, and request a Ballot & Proxy for the Annual Meeting choose one of the following options: Electronic Registration – visit hchsaa.org/vote/ and complete and submit the virtual Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form; OR Paper Registration – complete, sign, date and submit the Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form at the end of the spring 2022 issue of AlumNotes. You can download a pdf of the Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form here. You may also request a printed or pdf version of the Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form from HCHSAA by emailing email@example.com or calling 212-772-4079.
Items to Note
- For your Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form to be valid:
- You will need to:
- complete all required fields and sign and date it; and
- submit it to HCHSAA on or before the Record Date.
- HCHSAA may need to confirm that you either graduated from the High School or attended it for at least three years.
- You will need to:
- Reunion and the Annual Meeting are two separate events with two different registration processes. Registering for one event does not automatically register you for the other event.
- By completing and submitting the Member Voter Registration and Ballot Request Form you will be:
- certifying that all information in it is true and correct;
- agreeing to have the information that you provide in it included in the list of registered voters that HCHSAA is required to maintain in its records and provide to those who legitimately request it; and
- consenting to receive only an electronic Ballot & Proxy (unless you specifically email a request to receive a printed or pdf Ballot & Proxy to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the Record Date).
Slate of Candidates for Election/Re-Election
We are pleased to provide the following talented, enthusiastic, and diverse candidates for election to Class A of the HCHSAA Board of Directors (an asterisk indicates candidates who will be serving their second term, if elected). You may click on each candidate’s name for more information:
These Alums generously responded to our call for Board Nominees in January, and met with our nominating committee to learn more about the role of a Board Member and mutually affirm a good fit. They are all ready to serve as your AA Board Members.
The ballots also provide voting members the option to record their own write-in candidates. Voters should cast their votes for up to eight candidates.
Documents Referenced in the Annual Report
The Annual Report in the spring issue of AlumNotes references several documents relating to HCHSAA’s governance and its financial statements. You can find links to those documents below:
- Click here for a PDF of the amended By-Laws adopted by HCHSAA’s Board of Directors on March 15, 2022.
- Click here for a PDF of those amended By-Laws marked to reflect changes to the prior By-Laws.
- Click here for a PDF of the proposed amendments to Article I, Section 1.01 of the HCHSAA By-Laws;
- Click here for a PDF of the Membership Confirmation Policy adopted by HCHSAA’s Board of Directors on March 15, 2022
Members Registered to Vote
A list of all members validly registered to vote at that Annual Meeting will be available after the Record Date. You may request a copy by emailing email@example.com or calling 212-772-4079.
Our COVID Policy
To read about the HCHSAA’s COVID Policy, click here.
Additional Information & F.A.Q.
For more information and updates regarding the Annual Meeting, please check back here.
Registration for Reunion
Reunion and the Annual Meeting are two separate events with two different registration processes. Registering for one event does not automatically register you for the other event. To register for Reunion, visit hchsaa.org/Reunion2022. For questions about Reunion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCHSAA 2022 Annual Meeting